Saturday, December 02, 2006

Sweetie Saturday #34

Sweetie has some issues with proper grammar, not to mention the whole time/space continuum thing, which of course is to be expected at her age. But still, she can come up with some real mind-blowers when she's trying to tell us her stories:

Daddy, when you're a baby I will hold you when I am your age.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last weekend we bought Sweetie her Advent Calendar, and I got a small one for myself to take to work. Yesterday was the first morning to open a door. She was excited to find a stylized Christmas tree behind her door, then asked me what was behind my door on my calendar.

I don't know yet. I'll have to open it when I get to work, and then I'll let you know.

Okay... maybe it will be a... fork!

Maybe! (it was a snowman, in case you wanted to know).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Over the Thanksgiving holiday, Sweetie and I headed to Nana's house one day, stopping at McDonalds on the way. I was treating all my nieces and nephews to lunch.

As we pulled up to the drive-thru window, Sweetie wondered aloud what the Happy Meal toy would be. I said I didn't know, we'd just have to wait to see.

Then, at the ordering menu, I'm starting to place my large order when Sweetie chimed in:

Mommy! Mommy! Excuse me, Mommy! It's Flushed Away toys, Mommy! Mommy, excuse me! Flushed Away toys are in the Happy Meals! MOMMY! EXCUSE ME!!!

I had to stop my order, quickly acknowledge Sweetie so she'd stop her yapping, then continue on with my order, all the while giving Sweetie "the hand" to keep quiet.

Then, as I'm waiting my turn between the paying and pick-up window, I started to crack up at Sweetie's craziness.

Yes, it was annoying to have her talking at me at the wrong time. But at least she was trying to be polite about it. And it's always nice to see her get so excited about little things.

:)

No comments: