Monday, December 31, 2007

Mama Monday #4.1

Theme: Uber List

I thought I'd start the New Year off paying homage to MSO. They always had "Uber List" as their first theme of the year, and so I'll continue that tradition. Uber List it is!

This is a list of what you hope to accomplish in the coming year. Or, if you're that ambitious, it could be a life list of hopes and dreams. Whatever you wish, this is the time and place to write it down.

My Uber List for this year is quite short. It consists of only three items:

1) Financial Management
2) Family
3) Simplicity

That's it.

This is the year where Hubby and I are firmly committed to eradicating as much debt as possible from our financial outlook. We've looked at the numbers, we've established a plan, and we know we can do it if we honestly work together!

This is also the year to spend more quality time with our families. With Hubby's side, we've (Christmas)-gifted each other with the promise of at least 1 family-based activity/gathering per month in 2008. And on my side - well, it seems like we already get together a lot. But, when I really think about it, I see that that's not so much the case. For instance, there have been several years when I saw my brother and his family who live in Texas more than I saw my local brothers and sisters-in-law.

And for Sweetie to spend more time with all her cousins on both sides of the family would be absolutely wonderful!

Then there's the goal of "simplicity".

Purging out old things. Acquiring as few new things as necesary. Making sure that any new items we do bring into our lives are the best quality items we can afford (no use buying cheap junk to satisfy an immediate need/want when it will just wear out soon and need replacing). Taking pleasure in new experiences more so than new things.

All this is what I mean by "simplicity". Knowing what we need and how best to achieve it in the most rewarding and meaningful way possible.

So - that's my 2008 Uber List. What about you? Let me know what you plan for you and yours in the coming year - either in my comments or in a post of your own. If you do blog about it, please leave that link in my comments for all to visit and, hopefully, become inspired by.

Happy New Year, Everyone! May 2008 be your best year ever!

No comments: