Monday, February 11, 2008

Mama Monday #10.1

Theme: Curiosity

Of all the personality traits that make up Sweetie, I think perhaps my favorite is her curiosity.

Funny, too, because she's never been the type of toddler/kid to pester us with the nonstop "why's", "how's" and "what's" that most kids typically ask.

Instead, Sweetie is quietly, determinedly curious. She has her questions, yes. But she's a smarty. She figures things out for herself. She comes up with her own reasonings - right or wrong as they may be.

I'm astounded by how many times she's right. Profoundly, philosophically right.

Sure, her curiosity may come back to bite me in the butt in a few years. But right now it is at its greatest, purest form. And it's wonderful.

Right here, right now, I'm loving her ability to turn the whole world upside down.

No comments: