Wednesday, February 11, 2009

"I Want" Wednesday

There's a meme out there called "I Want" Wednesday. I'm not going to link to it because I don't think/I don't know yet if participating in it will be a regular "thing" for me. But today - during a week where I'm just not in the mind set to come up with my own original thoughts - I decided I'd give it a try.

So, here goes....

I want to finish the scarf I promised Hubby I'd make him at Christmas time. With no extra money to spend on Valentine's Day, I figure the least I could do is finish this dang scarf for him!

I want my house to stop smelling like smoke. Every time I've built a fire in our wood stove over the last couple weeks, smoke pours into our living room instead of up the chimney. I've tried everything. I'm building fires the same exact way I always have - a way that has never before produced such a smoke problem. The only thing I can figure is that we need our chimney cleaned. My dad knows how to do that. He's coming over in a couple days.

I want clearer communication between myself and the director at the tutoring company I'm tutoring through. I seem to be learning new things I "must" do with my No Child Left Behind students on a regular basis to assess their improvement and basically keep everything on track and everyone informed. HOWEVER, like I said - I am literally learning things as I go along. Things I should have been doing from the start. I am not a returning tutor with the NCLB kids. I do not know all the paperwork and politics and testing and such needed to be done by heart. I do not like finding out after the fact that I should have been doing something important all along. I am not entirely happy about this situation.

I want to be able to take Sweetie to see The Magic Treehouse musical in Boston later this month. But I cannot justify spending money on that luxury when we're struggling with money so much. I can't/won't do it - but it makes me sad.

I want financial security. To not have to worry about money anymore. To pay off debt and have just a little extra to live a little (like, go out to dinner once a month or something. Or at least go to Starbucks every once in awhile.) 

I want to someone to clean my house for me, top to bottom. But since I know that won't happen, I want more hours in the day so that I can clean it myself (yeah, like that'll happen.) Oh, and since we're talking in impossibilities, I want be able to clean my house spotlessly, have time to read, time to knit, time to be on the computer, time to study, time to play/be with Sweetie and do whatever it is she wants to do, and time to sit and just chill - not worrying about a thing. Relax, watch TV without some other "have to" looming over my head. Just be. That would be nice.

I want to give up the guilt that accompanies any activity I'm engaged in that tells me I really should be concentrating on another activity at that moment. 

And with that... it's getting close to dinner time and I'm in charge of that tonight. I better stop playing around here and get to cooking (or defrosting, or whatever meal-ish type thing I'll come up with...)

No comments: