Sunday, November 08, 2020

All the Feels

I’m here to write, but don’t know what to say. 

I guess I’m just glad for a brand new day. 

All the emotion, the pent up stress, the gloom -

I feel it releasing, yet coming too quick, too soon.

And it’s not just the race - Biden vs Trump. 

Although when I think of it, there’s certainly that lump

of pride in my throat, a weightlessness, a calm

It’s like our whole country has been soothed by a balm.


But aside from that there’s also this COVID-19. 

This thing that has controlled our lives, or so it seems.

And with that, the holidays! And how to proceed.

Do what people want, or what we need.

What I need, and Hubby, and Swee

Despite others saying, “all’s just fine, listen to me.”

Am I crazy taking this seriously, listening to science?

Or is the media and my peers making me biased?

Others say, “Don’t worry, news just tries to scare you.   

It points out the worst, but they really have no clue.

We are safe, there’s really nothing wrong,” 

Yet this virus is sometimes silent and often strong.

It’s not that I don’t trust, don’t love, don’t miss you.

It’s just that I want us all to be safe - that’s the issue.

And not just us, our dear ones, our fam.

But everyone I pass - we’re all on the lam

from Corona, and we just can’t know how to proceed.

It could not affect me, and - God forbid - it could lead

To your death, and I just won’t have that be.

Not on my watch. Keep us all healthy, if not happy. 

Let me stay safe, as I keep you.

And together we’ll gather when we’re truly able to. 


Okay - you think that’s it? I’m not done yet.

See, I’ve got this pain in my back that just won’t get.

But I’ve a date with my doc! November 20th’s the day! 

My trial for relief will begin - hurray! 

Cuz it hurts so much, y’all. It really does. 

To be finally pain-free - can you believe it, Cuz?

Hubby says I’m a martyr, that I just always “take it”

Without others ever knowing how much I can’t make it

another day, another step, another minute. 

Well, the game has arrived and I’m aiming to win it! 

Honestly I just want to go to the store, 

Take a walk in the woods, yeah, and so much more.

Man, I’m hoping this works, so many have had success.

It’s my turn now, yes it is - YES!

I’m betting on a pain-free holiday.

One where I’m truly thankful and can say, 

I’m free at last! I can do! I can live!

Oh, how happy I will be when I can give

all my focus, all my care

To the ones I love. And to not give a tear

to these aches, pulls and pains

Ahhhh, I’m hopeful I’ll see no remains.

Wish me well, please wish me luck. 

That I’m well and promptly pulled from the muck

And the mire, the terrible pit of pain goo. 

And I can let go of the pride that controls my boo hoos.

Tears of joy, of relief, just - you know - relaxation.

That’s what I need now - a new sensation.

My body, my brain, my heart, my soul. 

Just, ya know, no more toll. 


So anyway, that’s it. That’s all. It’s all there.

The country, the virus, myself - I’m aware

Of the changes that are coming! So good. So great!

But all of it still so unsure - so we wait.

There is hope, that’s for sure, but we just can’t know.

Just hope and trust it all - every bad thing - will go.

From the personal to national to worldwide...

So much is at stake. We must set our mind, 

believe in ourselves and do not waiver.

And can I ask just this one small favor?

We may not agree in lots of big things.

But we can get along fine if we all give wings

to love. To trust. To just trying to make things right. 

By working together and saying goodnight

to the struggles and strife that’s lead the way

for so long. Let’s just be done with it, okay.

Let’s come together and support this land, 

Our families, ourselves, and...

Find the peace we can take to our hearts. 

I don’t know - it sounds like a pretty good start

to healing - our country, ourselves, the earth.

That’s my thoughts  I’m done. For whatever it’s worth. 

No comments: