Wednesday, January 18, 2006

I'm So Lonely...

... Oh, so lonely.

I can't for the life of me find any other disabled moms who blog.

Furthermore, I can't find any specific mom blogs that I just absolutely LOVE. I'd really like to add a ton of blogs and websites to my sidebar - but I haven't happened upon that many that scream to me "take me, I'm yours!".

I'm also feeling sad that, of the few bloggers I do have in my blogroll, not everyone posts very often. Where are you guys?

And nobody ever comments on my blog :(

Oh, my brother commented recently (thanks Rob - love to hear from you!) and that's great. And I do get the occasional email from interested readers. But no one ever says a quick "hi" right here. Is anybody out there?

Sorry - just feeling frustrated, saddened and dismayed at the deafening silence coming from disabled parents everywhere. I know I'm not the only one. But where are you all?

I also recognize and appreciate the need to carefully balance between being "the disabled parent" and "just mom" (or dad, as the case may be). On the one hand, you want to get your voice heard as a parent with special needs. But at the same time you want to present just how ordinary and everyday your life can be. That's why I so often find myself writing general "Sweetie" stories that don't really have much, if anything, to do with my spina bifida. It doesn't really matter that I'm disabled, to Sweetie, anyway. I'm just "Mommy". And that's important.

Nonetheless, I'm still feeling lonely.

Faithful readers - disabled, able-bodied, everyone - I hereby challenge you to speak up, start your own blogs, make some noise, and make a difference!

And, please, I'd love to hear from you. Comment anytime, anywhere.

Oh, and if you've got some great blogs and/or websites to recommend to me - please, by all means, pass them along!

Help me fill this vast horizon with useful, witty, funny, inspiring and randomly common acts of everyday adventures.

No comments: