Sunday, July 03, 2005

Wanted: Other SB moms & families

Hi everyone! I hope it's a beautiful July 4th Weekend wherever you are. Here in New England we are finally having the beautiful, not-too-hot/not-too-cold summer weather we love.

I want to take today to say hi to all my new readers who find their way to me everyday, and to thank all my regular readers for continually coming back to see what I've been up to with my daughter and husband. I'm having so much fun writng every week for you and am so pleased to get the occasional email and/or comment from other SB moms and supporters out there. It's great to know I am reaching other women with similar questions, concerns and interests. Thanks to everybody for the encouraging words and inspiring messages!

On that note, my regular readers will notice that the look of my site has changed a lot since last week. My graphic designer husband has been like a man obsessed, often working late into the night to adjust my blog's look to the way I want it. He's also helping me make the site more user-friendly and interesting for all. For instance, he's made drop-down lists for several categories of interest, including resources of relevance and blogs I like. I've also found a SB chapter in PA that is selling Spina Bifida Awareness Bracelets (similar to the Lance Armstrong "Live Strong" bracelets), and I've provided that link here as well. Lastly, I have a link for the "Blogging Mommies" webring, although it's not working quite yet. I guess they still haven't approved my site for inclusion on their ring. Soon, I hope.

In order to link the best information available, I'd love to ask you all a big favor. If you or someone you know is an adult and/or parent with spina bifida, and you have a blog or other SB related website you'd like me to include on my listing, please email me to give me the information. Likewise if you are the parent of an SB child, please give me the link to your special page and I'll be happy to include it on my drop-down list.

Like I said, I'm so happy to be hearing from my readers. I'd love to provide you all with as many useful and interesting resources as possible to help guide you on your journeys into parenthood. Please help me out by allowing me to link your SB site(s) to mine. Together we can provide some great information!

Well, thank you all, very much. I look forward to hearing from you. Right now I've got to wrap things up so my husband and I can get ready to take Sweetie to her very first movie theater movie - "Madagascar"! Hopefully she'll be interested enough to last through the whole thing. Wish us luck!

No comments: