Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Blog, Interrupted

I started this blog almost 4 years ago, when Sweetie - and I - and she and I together! - were very much still a work in progress. Behavior issues, separation issues, preferred-parent issues, potty training, food fights, nap time/sleeping-through-the-night troubles - you name it! A growing toddler + first time parent - a parent who has a physical disability!  = lots of great (???) blog fodder/lots of great learning opportunities.

But now - and actually for a long time now - things have really settled out. Sweetie is no longer a baby. Knock on wood, she's really come into her own personality and can get through the day, more or less, with few big dramas or traumas. And my having a physical disability really has absolutely no impact on our day to day interactions together. That's been the status quo for at least a couple years, actually. Everything is, and has been, very regular. Un-newsworthy. Un-blogworthy.

All this to say - I'm putting this blog on indefinite hold. My reasons for starting my blog up in the first place no longer translate into our daily lives. And for someone who is very interested in how I as a disabled mom made it through the early years with baby/toddler - well, those posts are still here to be found and very much still relevant. You are more than welcome to check those out and/or even email me to ask specific questions of me. No problem at all - I'd love to hear from you!

I'm tired of writing here about how busy I am. Or just posting pictures or whatever other very trivial thing, just for the sake of posting. I'm tired of whining. I'm sick of posting hard-to-accurately-express-via-the-written-word the funny things Sweetie still does and says. And even I've had enough of me posting about how smart, curious and imaginative Sweetie is. She's all those things and more - we all get it. Enough.

But, it's true. Life is getting too overwhelming for me, what with the move and all that that entails/will entail, going back to school, working part-time while still job hunting in this most awful of economies - everything. I don't have it in me to "do it all" and still find (guilt-free) time for myself as I know I should. I know I have to give up one or two things. This blog here, unfortunately, is one of those things.

However, I do not intend to say goodbye forever. If I'm already in your feeds, please don't take me out - whenever I do post, you'll be the first to know! And I will post again, from time to time - promise. Whenever I've got something of interest to report - good or bad - I'll be right here, letting y'all know.

So - that's it. I set out to do something with this blog and I feel like I've done that - and am done with that. I feel great about what I've been able to share with everyone through my posts here. I'm glad so many of you have found me, have written to me, and have felt some level of comfort in just knowing that someone like me, like you, exists in this world. I am proud of myself, of Sweetie, and of this blog. It was, and still is, a really good thing.

Ta-ta for now. Catch ya later. For now, the most internet-related socializing I'll be involved in is over at Facebook.

As my husband would say - thanks for all the fishes.

(no, I have no idea what that means either...)

No comments: