Sunday, October 02, 2005

Get The Word Out

I've spent a good deal of time both last night and today searching for ways to make my blog more user friendly and accessible. I've just registered with several blog search engines, so hopefully this will get this site more recognition and more traffic. I've also added a link to Blog Top Sites on my sidebar, where I've registered and can now have my readers rate my site. Please click on over today and tell me what you think! Finally, I am going to make a concerted effort to write more not only about my daily doings with Sweetie, but also about more spina bifida/pregnancy/child care related information as well. After all, that's why I established this blog - to give other women and men with spina bifida a friendly resource for answering all their pregnancy and childcare related questions.

I love writing this blog, but do sometimes feel that I stray from my initial purpose. Then again, one main point I'm trying to make through my blog is that I'm not very different from other able-bodied mothers out there. My Sweetie puts me through all the typical trials and joys that most other little ones put their own mothers through. Sweetie doesn't care about my spina bifida or that I'm not physically able to do some things for her - we just make the best of the situations that arise. That being said, I know my readers would really appreciate any concrete information I can pass on regarding pregnancy, labor and delivery for women with spina bifida, as well as information on adapting to the daily childcare needs of your healthy child.

To that end, I also spent some time on-line this morning researching anything spina bifida/pregnancy/childcare related. And again, I was disappointed to find more information about raising kids with SB than information about the parent having it. Don't get me wrong - it's absolutely terrific that there's so much out there for parents who are raising children with spina bifida. But what happens when those children grow up to be adults who want to get married, have successful careers and start families? There's a serious lack of information for SB adults, and that's just pitiful.

In short, I want to write about what you want me to write about. Please don't hesitate to contact me - either through my comments, the comment board at Blog Top Sites, my message board or personal email - and tell me what's on your mind. I'd love to fill you in on how I've handled any specific parenting and/or pregnancy challenge - just let me know what issues you'd like me to focus on.

In the mean time, yes, I'll continue to write my typical ramblings on raising my Sweetie. We have a ton of fun together and she's always got something new and interesting to say and do. Just know that you can start to look for more frequently updated posts with more informative/resource-oriented entries. My goal is to make this one of the top resource blogs of its kind. Together, with your help (both in topic choices and simply getting the word out about my existence) we can make this happen!

As always, thanks for reading!

No comments: