Sunday, October 02, 2005

One Down, One To Go

Well, everyone, we have success! Sweetie has been sleeping in her "big girl bed" since last Sunday night. 2 or 3 of those nights have been complete successes, spending the entire night in her bed. The other nights have seen her waking up in the middle of the night and either wanting to spend the rest of her sleep time in "mommy and daddy's bed" or back in her "baby crib". And one night when she woke up around 1am she actually wanted to be tucked back into her bed, but have me stay with her for awhile. Not being a work night, I agreed and actually fell asleep until she woke me up around 6:45 am.

Each night this week when we put her to bed, I've stayed with her until she's fallen asleep - either lying next to her in the bed or sitting on the small hassock beside her. Most of the time I've found that within 40 or so minutes she has stopped squirming and talking to me and she falls asleep. Last night, though, she fell asleep within 15 minutes. She didn't get a nap yesterday and instead spent the entire day running around with other kids at a Welcome Autumn party we went to at our friends' house. Thus, the quick transition into dreamland.

Nap times, however, are still spent in her crib. I tried to lie down with her last Monday for her nap but, what with the daytime light still streaming into her room, she wasn't able to settle down and rest while I was there. And she wasn't about to stay tucked in all by herself once I left the room either. So in the crib she went. But this is a decent trade off to make, I think. Nap time is crib time, while bedtime is bed time. Makes sense to me.

Now for the potty training. I've had enough fights with her over diaper changing time. It's time to get this show on the road.

No comments: