Thursday, October 20, 2005

Stunningly Cute

Boy, have I learned a lot about my disability since I've started writing this blog. In doing some research yesterday I discovered that people with spina bifida have a growth hormone deficiency - so that's why we tend to be of short stature. I always thought I was short because of my spine not being fully developed. After all, from the knees up, I'm proportionate in height to taller people - it's just from my knees down that I "stopped" growing.

If only I was given growth hormones when I was a kid. I could be a full 2 - 3 (or more) inches taller than I am now (5 ft.)!

"Do you know how stunningly beautiful I'd be if only I were taller?", I asked my husband. Now people call me cute - I wish I were stunning.

Sweet guy that he is, he said, "Yeah, but then someone else would have snatched you up before I came around and we would have never met. And there'd be no Sweetie."

No Sweetie? I can't even imagine it.

No comments: