Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Happy Birthday, Sweetie!

Sweetie turned 3 years old yesterday! And, yes, she saw Santa. She did great - warming up to the Big Guy after he sang "Happy Birthday" to her. The small bag of M&M's he offered her didn't hurt, either.

We were happy to be the 4th group in line, but unfortunate enough to arrive just as Santa was leaving for his dinner break. Waiting in line for over 1 hour went better than could be expected, though, as Sweetie proved better behaved than the 5-7 year olds in line behind us.

As for me, I was happily shocked to find that standing in one spot for that long of a time had no ill effects on my leg. Up until recently, walking and/or standing for even 5-10 minutes at a pop results in my left leg going numb. But not last night! Thank you, chiropractic care! And maybe even the magic of Santa helped me through the long wait.

Sweetie took a very cute picture with Mr. Claus, but unfortunately, I don't have a digital version of that. So here's a shot of her opening her presents at home once the Santa festivities were over (still wearing her Santa-go-to-meetin' dress).


No comments: