Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Will The Real Sweetie Please Stand Up?

Hi All! Here's a quick mid-week post directing you to my article in the Autumn DPPi Journal, out of London, England. The article also features a few nice pictures of me, Sweetie and my husband - heck, they even made Sweetie and I their cover models! Really cool. I'm proud of this article and so excited about my international print exposure.

One thing to note about my DPPi article - I wrote it a few months back, before Sweetie decided to turn 3 before her time. My mom even commented that this article makes Sweetie seem almost too perfect. I agree, especially based on her recent behavior. It's as if Sweetie got a hold of my article, read it herself and decided "Ha! Mommy thinks I'm so great. Well, I'll show her a thing or two!".

And the juxtaposition between my DPPi article and my December article at Audacity Magazine is almost comical. One discusses "good" Sweetie, the other, well, not so much.

But seriously - it's just very interesting to see how Sweetie is growing and changing - adapting to her environment and her more complex wants and needs. It's a challenge - for her and for us. But one of these days I know the "real" Sweetie will find herself and settle into a good, healthy pattern.

Ah, kids. Can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em.

No comments: