Sunday, December 11, 2005

Update on Bee

Great news, everyone! Bee had her baby!

For my regular readers who have been with me awhile, you'll remember Bee from a post I wrote back in August. She's a woman who, along with her husband, was expecting a baby daughter, after many natural attempts, through donor egg fertilization (sorry if I have that phrasology wrong). Well, turns out that prenatal tests showed the baby had spina bifida. So, I've been keeping up with Bee's story to see how both she and her daughter are progressing.

Well, Bee just posted a new entry to her own blog and announced that Madelyn Faith is here - arriving on November 28th! Her spinal opening was smaller than expected, and she pulled through the closure surgery like a trooper. Madelyn came out kicking those little legs of her's and her hydrocephalus was so mild that it took a full week to determine that she did in fact need to have a shunt put in.

Bee, on the other hand, had a rough pregnancy, with gestational diabetes and other illnesses. I'll let you click on over to her site for the full report. But I am thrilled to let it be known that everyone is now safe and happy. And Bee, baby and hubby are all totally in love with each other and doing well.

So nice to report a happier ending to this story than the doctor's originally diagnosed.

No comments: