Monday, February 27, 2006

Mama Monday #1

Hi all. I'm starting a new thing here - "Mama Monday" - a special posting dedicated to the weekly themes suggested over at Mama Says Om.

This isn't replacing any other posts I'll do per week - it's an added feature I'll do along with my regular checking in.

It may or may not have anything to do with motherhood or disability, but it will always be a creative outlet for me that's hopefully interesting and fun for you.

I'm going to play catch up a bit and post 2 "Mama Monday"'s today - because I'm intrigued by the theme from last week, as well as the current one.

So, without further ado, here goes...

20 Things


1) I was born on the 20th of the month

2) So was my daughter

3) So was my eldest niece

4) I love bright colors - like red

5) But I also love earthy colors like greens, browns and oranges

6) I maintain that browns can be bright as well - my husband begs to differ

7) I've been to Disney World and I can't wait to return - with Sweetie and Hubby (both of whom have never been)

8) I've been to France and I can't wait to return - with Sweetie (who's never been) and Hubby (who's studied there and took me there in the first place)

9) I'm the youngest of 4 kids

10) I'm also the only girl

11) I have 4 nieces and 5 nephews - the oldest just turned 19, the youngest is only 5 months old

12) My favorite number is 23

13) My mom calls me Louise. I don't know why and neither does she. She's the only person allowed to call me this

14) One of my brothers calls me "A". He is the only one who call me this. That's cool with me

15) My middle name is my maternal grandmother's maiden name, and I love it

16) My daugher has 2 middle names - the first is representative of the time of year she was born, the second is in honor of my maternal grandmother

17) I love to write

18) I work at a newspaper, but not in a writing capacity (hardcore newswriting isn't my thing)

19) I'd love to have a writing career

20) I'm not twenty years old. Far from it actually. Well, maybe not that far????!!!

No comments: