Monday, January 19, 2009

Mama Monday #48.1

Theme: Contest

Hey! Did you know that the word "contest" is part of a pair of homographs? There's "contest" - (n.) an event you compete in, or "contest" - (v.) to dispute or oppose. (There are other definitions of the word as well, but these two definitions seem to be the most popularly known.)

I just learned about homographs as part of my studying for my teaching certificate. More specifically, I learned the differences between homophones, homonyms and homographs. But I don't need to go into all that right here.

Anyway, today I'm using "contest" in its noun form. As in, I'm hosting a contest here for some lucky reader to win Joy Bauer's new book Joy's LIFE Diet: Four Steps to Thin FOREVER.

Joy launched the Joy Fit Club segments on the Today Show last year. She's helped people world wide lose at least 100 pounds each, and she's inspired thousands more to ask how she can help them lose weight and stay healthy for life.


In this book, Joy talks about what life means to her - Look Incredible, Feel Extraordinary. Achieving, and maintain, this sort of life involves four key steps - Release, Relearn, Reshape and Reveal. Get this book and you'll discover exactly what Joy means by all this, and how it can help you develop the healthy body, and outlook, you've aiming for for years.


All you have to do to win this book is tell me - what weight loss programs have you tried before, and what do you think were the main contributors to why those programs ended up not working for you.


This contest is open until 3 p.m. EST this Wednesday, January 21st. I will only consider entrants who follow the rules and tell me their diet program woes. At 3 p.m. on Wednesday, the contest will close, I'll enter all participants' names into a hat, and randomly pick a winner - which I'll announce here in my Wednesday post. 


Please note - be sure to include your first name in the comments area along with your story, and be willing to share your mailing address with me should you be the lucky winner. 


Good luck to everyone! Here's to a happy life and healthy body!

No comments: