Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Don't Mess With It, Texas

Yeah, I'm talkin' to you, bro.

I heard about your little episode. The blood pressure dropping, the fainting, the blood, the scariness! The whole shebang. I hope you're feeling better now. And taking care of yourself.

I know you've been on meds for this for a while. Hope you're keeping up with that. Reminds me of myself.

I've been off my seizure meds for about 2 years now and, until recently, have been doing great. But within the last few months I've started to experience my own little episodes. Brief moments in time, while reading, that just make me stop in my tracks because I can't for the life of me figure out what A-N-D spells. Oh, they only last about 10 seconds or so, then I can go on my merry little way, happily reading my engrossing novel or interesting magazine article. But still, I've known that something wasn't right.

So I told my new neurologist about it and got an EEG done. Turns out there's a slight change in my brain from my last EEG that shows a slight propensity for seizures. And so it's best that I start back on the meds. And for the last few weeks, that's exactly what I've been getting back into.

I'm actually relieved - I wouldn't want to have a serious seizure again. Not ever, but especially not ever while I'm driving with Sweetie. I was so glad to be rid of medication before. But now I'm thankful for it, as it's a reassurance that I can keep myself under control - for myself and my family.

I watched the signs return into my life and listened to my body telling me to take better care of it. I hope you're doing the same. For yourself, for W and the kids, and for us - your entire family.

Rest up, feel better, and listen close to yourself. Can't wait to see you all again in just a couple more weeks.

No comments: