Monday, November 03, 2008

Mama Monday #47.1

Theme: Choice

I interviewed with a company a week and a half ago for a position I'm very interested in. I called on Friday to see how the decision making process is going. They're still interviewing. It may be another 2 weeks or so before I get any sort of answer.

In the meantime, an employment agency that's been working with me lately has presented another long term temporary full time position (would at least take me through the end of the year - possibly longer). But because I had felt I had to be honest with the agency rep that I potentially had this other exciting opportunity looming, he suggested that I not go for his position and wait it out for now.

But, the thing is - I need a job (duh!). And I have absolutely no guarantee that anything will come of this original job interview. And if nothing does come of it, and I've passed up this agency job, then I'm left with nothing. Again.

So I've put a call into the agency rep this morning, leaving a message that I really would like to go for this job he described to me last week. It does sound interesting and it would give me some income. And then, at the very least, I'll have a choice to make should the other job offer come to fruition. Choice is good.

-------------------------------

Hubby and I went to another gathering at our new church last night, this one describing the steps to take in order to become a proper member of the church. There happens to be a new members dinner coming up mid-month, with the Sunday service that week publicly introducing the newest members to the rest of the congregation. It also so happens that that particular weekend is really busy for us and we'll not be able to attend the dinner or the Sunday service. 

The next such dinner and service won't be until sometime in January. So Hubby and I have time to make our ultimate decision. But we're rather confident in our choice anyway. We want to become members of this church. They're good people, they've got a fantastic children's education program, and the feeling of belonging to a community where choice, openness and acceptance of all beliefs is focus #1-  well, it's really wonderful.

------------------------------

Tomorrow, as we all know, is Election Day. I am SO EXCITED! At this late stage, I'm sure everyone is clear about who they're going to vote for. If so, GET OUT AND VOTE! As they say, you can't complain about the outcome if you weren't a part of how we got there in the first place.

Happy Election Day, everyone! This is big one. Change is coming soon.

No comments: