Saturday, November 17, 2007

Sweetie Saturday #83

Well, I don't have much for you this week, but what I do have to offer, I think, is pretty funny...

Hubby found some information on a local acting troupe offering singing or acting lessons to kids of all ages. So I asked Sweetie,

Do you want to learn to sing, or learn to act?

Sing!

You do? You don't want to learn to act?

What does "act" mean?

It means to learn to be funny, to be on a stage and do a show.

Oh! Yeah! That one! I want to do that!

---------------------------

I'm kind of surprised I've never mentioned this before. Sweetie has an unusual name for her own reflection - Rubber Band (It actually used to be Rub Band, but it's evolved into this current existence.)

If ever she's taking a bit too long in the bathroom, I'll go check on her and often find her making faces at and talking to herself.

Whattcha doin', Sweetie?

Talking to Rubber Band.

Oh.

So last night as she and I drove home from Nana's, Sweetie was talking about her upcoming birthday party and who was coming. Nana, Papa, Grammy, Grampy, aunts, uncles and cousins - all will be invited, I told her.

And Rubber Band too?

Who's Rubber Band again?

Rubber Band! She's lives in our walls and in the mirror! She's my reflection and I named her Rubber Band. See, she's right here in the car window too.

And why did you name her Rubber Band? Is it because she's your reflection which bounces back at you? (My aunt actually came up with that reasoning when she heard Sweetie's reference during a visit this summer. Sounded good to me - albeit a bit too deep for a 'lil Sweetie to figure out).

Nooooooo! (a big huff of exasperation, followed by...) She's called Rubber Band because she likes to make Rubber Bands!

Well, duh! Of course! Why didn't I think of that?

Nut.

No comments: