Saturday, November 24, 2007

Sweetie Saturday #84

Last weekend Hubby and I celebrated his birthday a little early by going out for sushi and then to a comedy show. Sweetie slept over at Nana and Papa's house.

When I called my mom the next morning to ask how their night was, I was told that everything went well. Sweetie went to bed shortly after 8pm and never made a peep until after 7am that morning.

Mom went on to tell me that, after Sweetie got up, she went to sit with my dad - her Papa - and they cuddled close together in the chair.

Then - something wasn't right. Sitting all warm and cozy with Papa, Sweetie soon turned to him and, making a scrunched-up face, told him,

Ewww - smells like somebody needs to take a shower!

---------------------------------------

Last weekend was very birthday filled, as on Sunday we three headed over to my Hubby's parents' house to celebrate my mother-in-law's special day.

We were the first to arrive for the festivities, and Sweetie was soon asking her Grammy if there were any games she could play. Grammy brought down, among other things, an old game from Hubby's childhood (I think) called Brick by Brick

After looking at the cards and figuring out what the object of the game was, Hubby noted to no one in particular,

Oh. It's like tangrams. You have to look at the picture on the card and make that shape out of the pieces you have.

Upon hearing this, Sweetie became confused.

How do you play Teddy Grahams, Daddy?

------------------------------------------------------------

Sweetie was whimpering in the middle of the night this week, complaining of having a bad dream. She was mostly alright, though, and only needed to rest with me a little while before going back to her own bed.

The next day I asked Sweetie,

So, what was your bad dream about last night, Sweetie?

Oh! The radio kept playing ABBA Mama Mia and I wanted to hear the next song. But it wouldn't ever go to the next song!!!

(When I relayed this story on Thanksgiving, my brother-in-law laughed, saying - Yep, that would be about my worst nightmare too.)

No comments: