Monday, March 24, 2008

Mama Monday #16.1

Theme: Spring

I cannot believe that it is already spring! Of course, the world is tricky this year, what with an earlier-than-ever Daylight Savings and Easter as well. So of course looking out the window yesterday evening at 6:45 pm - and still seeing a lovely spring, sunshiny day - it was strange. 

March is very much a Lion month in New England - that old adage about March coming in like a lion and out like a lamb. Yeah  - not so much. Still cold. Snow's still on the ground. And not a flower bud in sight.

Still - the calendar does indeed say that it's spring. 

As it is spring - and Hubby is itchy as always to clear out the clutter in the house - I've recently gone through Sweetie's clothes, bringing down a couple more bags and boxes of hand-me-downs from our attic. At the same time, I'm working on packing up clothes Sweetie's done with to give back to my friend. 

I was a little saddened to discover in our stock of future clothes for Sweetie that I seem to have missed out on a whole mess of winter togs she could have been wearing all this season! Ugghh! All these cute clothes Sweetie will never get to wear because by next winter she'll be too big!

And then, I remembered. As I said at the beginning of this post - we live in New England! A part of the country where it remained cold and blustery last year until mid June, for goodness sakes! So this new selection of kidwear I found? No problemo - Sweetie will still be able to get a ton of use out of them starting right now.

Lucky, lucky Sweetie. All new clothes for spring - even if articles include such things as sweaters, sweatshirts and jeans.

Happy spring! Now go bundle up!

No comments: