Wednesday, August 23, 2006

I'm Such A Tease

I don't know about you, but I have the miraculous ability to not feel the pain and discomfort of pretty much any given malady - until it's pointed out to me that I should.

Example - blisters and cuts on my legs. I could go all day walking around on red, raw feet, carefree and pain free as can be. It's not until I take my braces off at night and see the damage myself that I start to feel the pain. And then? Oh, do I feel it! Big time. For the rest of the night, for the whole next day, and until it's completely healed.

Yesterday and today - well, I'm feeling the pains of a malady I was, just days before, blissfully unaware of.

At this time I'd rather not go into the details. I'm sorry, but I don't know enough about what's going on. So I'd like to better educate myself, talk to some more doctors, and make definite plans to take care of things before I report anything here.

Don't worry. I'm not dying or anything. It's something totally fixable, with different options for how that's achieved. It's just what's been on my mind this week, causing me physical and mental discomfort/stress. And I want to write some about it. Really, I do. But, for now, I think I'll save it for my next Audacity article and then, in time (soon, I promise), here.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I've gotta go find some Advil to mask the phantasmically real new aches and pains dancing around my middle.

No comments: