Sunday, April 29, 2007

I'm Tired, Thanks For Asking

Well, now that I'm actually doing something instead of reading a book, I don't feel so completely exhausted. But, man alive!... sitting on the couch reading a book - even a good book that I have to finish by next Sunday for book club - is absolutely the last thing you want to do when the goal is to stay awake.

But now, as I write this, it's about 11:45pm and 1am doesn't seem so far away anymore. Cuz now that I thought of a ton of things I could/need to do - it turns out I don't have enough time to do them all! So that's a good thing, but - when am I going to get it all done? Something tells me I'm not going to be as chipper as I am right now come 5am when the alarm goes off. Won't want to do things then, I'm thinkin'. Nope, I'm definitely more of a night owl.

I could be:

• writing my bio for my upcoming featured essay over at Crazy Hip Blog Mamas

• writing my Mama Monday post ahead of time

• navigating my way around my new TTV site and learning more about my new business

• washing dishes

• going over the checkbook

• writing a valedictorian speech for my BIL (not really, but he did suggest that that's one thing I could do tonight to keep myself awake. But seeing as how it took me several attempts to get the spelling of "valedictorian" correct, I don't think he'd want me to actually go through with writing his speech for him).

• oh yeah - finishing my book club book. There's that...

Instead, I decided to blog hop, which took me to some of my very favorite bloggers, at which I saw many times over the button for Blogger Choice Awards. Clicking over there, I saw that you can go ahead and nominate your own blog for whatever the heck you wanna. So, thinking it would be an interesting tidbit to mention in these here late night ramblings, I signed right up with the intent to self nominate.

But, hold on there, Slappy... comes to turn out I've already been nominated! NOT by my own doing! By someone else! Someone else who obviously LOVES me! And I didn't even shamelessly ask her to nominate me! Wow!

Well isn't that special?

It took me awhile to find my ranking, but it's there alright, thanks to the lovely and talented Oh, The Joys. Thank you, thank you! You like me, you really like me! (Or you're just nomination happy. Either way - I won't argue).

Right now I only have a sad little 4 votes (my vote for myself being the 4th). So if you want to help me out and make me feel even more all warm and fuzzy inside - go on over and vote. Thanks!

I know, I'm totally making you guys work here!

You've got to vote for me here.

You've got to click my banner ads in my sidebars

You've got to click all my ads, in fact.

You've got to buy wines and book parties from me over here.

And now you've got to vote for me here.

(Oh yeah - and here too).

I tell ya - I certainly have become a little slave driver, haven't I? Geesh! I'm getting kinda tired of myself and know that y'all must be too.

Oh. No. I'm not tired of myself. I forgot. I'm just plain tired.

No matter - looks like it's just about time for me to go take a tubby and head off to slumber land...

At least for a little while.

See you in the wee hours of the A.M.!

No comments: