Saturday, April 14, 2007

Sweetie Saturday #53

I found Sweetie looking out our back door window.

Whatcha doin', Sweetie?

Watching Daddy.

What's he doing.

He's just outside, dumping the kitty glitter.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sweetie teaches me new things all the time. In fact, just this week she informed me,

Nice ladybugs give good advice, Mommy.

Huh... who knew it? Sweetie - that's who!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sweetie is old enough now to go play in her room for awhile without constant supervision. I can usually hear her playing and, anyway, she rarely lasts very long playing on her own.

So it surprised me last weekend when, after about 15 or 20 minutes, she was still upstairs. Also, I realized that I really couldn't hear her doing anything this time. Hmmmm..... So I asked Hubby to go up and check on her.

Just a moment later, I heard him burst out laughing. When he came downstairs, he explained,

I'd forgotten - she asked me to play hide and seek with her, but I told her no.... she's been standing in her closet, holding Winnie-the-Pooh, and singing A Little Bit More, A Little Bit More.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I live with two very picky, picky people. Especially in the department of expressing love.

Hubby has always been insistent that one should not say, I love you, too, when told they themselves are loved. He says - Don't say the "too" - it makes it conditional and I don't think love should be conditional.

Fine - but Sweetie is very insistent that you do add the "too" when answering her claims of love for you. So much so, in fact, that she'll melt into tears if you don't add the "too", and she'll force you to - let's start all over again!

I love you, Mommy.

I love you too.

(giggles) Thank you for saying it right, Mommy.

I personally don't care either way - with a slight lean towards Hubby's way of thinking. We've tried to bring Sweetie over to this side and to see the light of unconditional love - but she's just not buying it.

Whatever - I've just got to be darn-tootin' sure who I'm talking to when I verbally reciprocate someone's love.

Ugh..... Oh well. There are worse problems I could have.

No comments: