Friday, April 06, 2007

Sweetie Saturday #52 - Anniversary Edition

Woo hoo! Look at this! Apparently, I've been doing this Sweetie Saturday thing for a whole year now. And what a year it's been!...

This past Monday morning, Sweetie came running in to my bedroom to say Good Morning. Usually she wakes me up, but on this particular day I was already awake, reading in bed.

She climbed in bed with me and proceeded to ask me a very important question. I can't remember exactly how she worded it, but basically she wanted to know if I had slept all night with the light off and then woke up and turned the light on to read.

Yes, that's right. I answered.

I guess that was the correct answer, cuz Sweetie then informed me,

And that's why I love you.

Well, alrighty then! That not make any sense to me (as toddler Sweetie used to say). But I'll take it anyway!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

One day last week, as Sweetie and I were driving home from Nana's, I dog ran right in front of my car and I had to stop short.

I'm sorry, Sweetie. A dog ran in front of the car and I didn't want to hit him.

The very next morning, again out on the road, I had to again stop quick. This time was my fault - I didn't notice the car coming towards me.

I'm sorry, Sweetie. I had to stop really quick.

Was it that dog again?

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Sweetie is reading! Kind of. She got some early reader books for Christmas and she's now very interested in looking at them together and sounding out the words.

She'll excited ask me to read with her. But - don't you know it - I'm a hard-nosed school marm at the core. If she wants to read, I'm gonna make her read, dagnabit! And don't you get lazy on me, neither, ya hear?

So, we're slowly making our way through one of the books. And she was doing really well! But then it got harder for her, I got tougher on her (um, yeah, I guess) and she got frustrated.

With a heavy sigh, she says,

I'm getting tired of this. You just read it to me.

Okay.

But then?! Only minutes later she's anxious to pick up the next book and try again.

That's my girl! Way to go, Sweetie.

No comments: