Monday, September 25, 2006

Mama Monday #32

Theme: Balance

I often feel like I'm on a see saw (and I'm not talking about my "wobbly-woopsie" mode of graceless walking). No, life in general for me is one big balancing act.

Like my Sweetie so often says about herself, I could say the same: I'm Just Amy. But wait! I'm a wife! A mommy! A daughter/sister/auntie! An employee and a co-worker!

Where exactly did Just Amy go?

My upcoming vacation will hopefully bring a return appearance of Just Amy into my life. Boy, I can't wait to see her again. I wonder what she's been up to these days? You know - Just Amy - the one who can do what she wants, when she wants, how she wants, and with whomever she wants. I bet she's pretty peeved at me for not allowing her to come out and play more often.

Well, Honey, vacation week is your week! Get ready to rock! (Or relax, if you'd rather. And if I know Just Amy, she'd much more appreciate a week of pampered relaxation than rock and roll, go-go-go activities. Hence, the cruise I'm treating her to. Massages every day - woo hoo!).

Yes, I'm sad to think about leaving Sweetie behind. It's definitely going to be hard to say goodbye to her for an entire week. But I know she'll do fine. She'll have great fun at Nana and Papa Dave's house on her Very Own Super Special Vacation. And Hubby and I will get our much needed break from the stresses of our regular life.

Like my doctor told us today when we were telling her about our plans away - Good for you! All parents need a break from the kids sometimes. It's a healthy thing to do.

Now, if only the last days before leaving on vacation weren't 1000 times more stressful than your regularly stressful life. That's what I always wish for, yet never achieve.

I guess it's all part of the balancing act - you've got to stress hard and worry a lot before you can relax hard and fully appreciate your time away.

Just Amy - I'm coming for ya soon! Don't let the ship sail away without me!

No comments: