Friday, September 22, 2006

Sweetie Saturday #26

Hi there! Sorry it's been awhile. I didn't get to my usual mid-week post this week. Too busy. And too blah. Not much going on that I care to report.

Likewise, there's not too much by way of Sweetie Saturday -isms this week. Only one I can think of, really. And since I've not posted all week, I'll give this to you a little early.

I had a dentist appointment on Monday. Sweetie went with me - because I wanted her to see what it's like to go to the dentist and because I didn't have someone else who could watch her then. She behaved herself nicely and even got a turn in the chair. Sweetie got her teeth cleaned! She did great! And when I go for my next appointment, Sweetie will be coming along for her very first official appointment. Cool.

Anyway, while I was in the chair, Sweetie announced that she had to go potty. The hygienist walked her to the bathroom and left her to take care of herself. I was kind of concerned that Sweetie would freak out by herself or not do everything she's supposed to do. But she did. She was a big girl and helped herself just fine.

Back in the exam room, we asked Sweetie if she washed her hands after she went potty (the hygienist figured the sink in the bathroom was too high up for her to reach). But Sweetie assured us,

No, I was strong enough to reach the sink.

Good! Good for her. But.... just to be safe, we had her wash her hands in the exam room. The hygienist helped Sweetie and put a dollop of soft soap in the palm of her hands. Then she told Sweetie the following:

Now, don't forget to interdigitate.

Huh? What a thing to tell a 3 year old! She wanted Sweetie to rub her hands together and get the soap in between her fingers by interlocking them. You know - interdigitate. Whatever.

So anyway, all week long, whenever Sweetie has washed her hands, she's reminded herself to interdigitate.

Well - sometimes she's said interdugitate. But I'll give her a break - this time. She learns the word at 3 years old. Hubby and I learn the word at 30+ years old.

You learn something new everyday.

No comments: