Saturday, February 10, 2007

Sweetie Saturday #44 - Big Girl Edition

What a mature, sensitive, understanding girl I've got. At least lately....

Sweetie was playing in her room the other day while I was downstairs resting on the couch. Soon I heard her running to the stairs and calling for me.

I will help you upstairs, Mommy.

You will? How?

I will pull you up.

You can't pull me up, Sweetie. I'm too big.

But I need help with my puzzle.

Oh. Well, I'm sorry, but I can't climb stairs yet. I'm too, too sore.

I know... So... I will try my puzzle again by myself.

She went back, but shortly came downstairs. She wasn't upset, but decided that the puzzle was too difficult for her to do on her own.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sweetie and her 1st cousin once removed had a very happy and successful playdate at my parents' house earlier this week. Yay! Much different than the last time they met there.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The other night at dinner (at Nana and Papa Dave's house) I asked Sweetie what she's going to be when she grows up.

A builder. (her typical answer)

After discussing that a bit she decided, no, that's not what she's going to be.

So what will you be?

Ummm.... It's a surprise.

And then, with a grand, sweeping hand gesture, she added,

I will surprise you all!

No doubt, Sweetie. I know you will.

Just be happy, okay?

No comments: