Monday, June 16, 2008

Mama Monday #28.1

Theme: Play

As the saying goes, All work and no play make Jack a dull boy (or Amy a dull girl, as the case may be). 

Keeping this in mind, and letting my love for the theater take control, I was more than happy to take a break from the stresses of job searching to watch The Tony Awards last night.

The play's - and the musical - the thing, after all.

In a word, they were awesome!.

This was a ton of fun:



As was Lin-Manuel Miranda's rappin' acceptance speech:



Another fabulously wacky acceptance speech for which I cannot find a video was Mark Rylance's win for Best Actor in a Play. Crazy, weird, and fun.

As a forever fan of Grease, the performance by the Broadway cast last night was great too. Especially considering how fun it was to watch Danny and Sandy win their roles from this reality show.

Then, of course, there was this opening song:



Breathtaking as always. Hubby and I were blessed enough to see The Lion King in Boston a few years back. There are no words for how fabulous that opening number is. I'd gladly pay full price tickets again just to see that introduction. But last night I finally got a chance to share that magic with Sweetie. She was glued to the T.V., fully enthralled.

Of course, I eventually did turn the T.V. off in order to job search once again. And I actually found something interesting with a company I'm familiar with that's not too far from home. I was able to get a cover letter and my resume sent off before heading to bed.

Back to the grindstone. But - man! - it was sure fun to play for awhile.

No comments: