Thursday, June 05, 2008

Sweetie Saturday #110 - Say What, Now? Edition

Every night lately, it seems I'm going to bed with a headache. I wonder why....


Okay, now.... Mom? If you have a mom... And you're my mom... That means you're a kid doubled by a mom. So you're a teenager!

----------------------

Sweetie: What day is it today?

Me: Thursday.

Sweetie: Oh! I thought it was Saturday.

Me: Nope.

Sweetie: So today is the tomorrow after yesterday, then?

-----------------------

Last weekend Sweetie and I caught an early morning kid's show called Kid Guides. This particular episode talked all about spies. It was pretty interesting (or "instresting" in Sweetie language). She even learned all about writing in code!

Needless to say, we spent a good chunk of last weekend writing out secret codes for Sweetie to solve.

She did really well with it. I, on the other hand, had a tougher time figuring out the code in order to write her a secret message. Thank goodness there's more than one way to make a code. And thank goodness we have a sneaky Daddy who was more than happy to help us discover a simpler way to hide a message:

One of our more successful attempts:

Photobucket
Sweetie is a silly girl
-----------------------------------------

Sweetie currently has a cold. Yesterday I gave her one of these Triaminic Thin Strips. I'd never given them to her before, but we got them as free samples in the mail. Might as well give 'em a shot.

The verdict? Well, I'm not sure how well they worked in terms of her cold symptoms. But one thing's for sure - A Sweetie hopped up on Thin Strips is one crazy girl!

For example, I gave her one dosage not 10 minutes before arriving at Trader Joe's. Prior to this, she was a low key, stuffy chick. But then, as we approached the grocery store, there Sweetie was - bopping around in her booster seat, "singing" (err, I mean - high pitched screaching) -

Chickezie! Chickezie! Chickezie!

Over and over and over again.

And laughing her silly little head off.

(Admittedly, so were Hubby and I. She was so gone!)

Luckily, Sweetie stopped this nutzoid business before we entered the store. And I've reverted to the tried and true means of children's cold relief.

Thank goodness! We all need our rest.

UNIR N TERNG JRRXRAQ!

No comments: