Sunday, April 23, 2006

My Blogiversary - A Year In Review

This weekend marks my one year Blogiversary. I can hardly believe it! It seems like only yesterday when I purchased my You Can Do It book and thought, "Hmmm - my own website. That sounds cool - yeah, I think I'll do it!".

When I reflect on my past year I realize all the wonderful things that have come my way via my blog. I've written a special article for the MA Spina Bifida Association newsletter last summer. I've published an article in the London-based DPPi Journal. And, starting last August, I've written a monthly parenting column for the e-zine Audacity Magazine. Wow!

But wait, there's more! Just within this past month I've been granted my very first paid writing gig! And it's one that fits me so incredibly well and I'm so very excited about. My position as a Go-To Mom for Club Mom will allow me to gain so much more exposure as a disabled mom raising a healthy child. Giving me an opportunity to broaden my audience that much more, hopefully providing a helpful resource for other disabled moms and moms-to-be concerning the challenges they face in their own lives.

I even have one more very exciting writing opportunity on the horizon that I'm totally thrilled about - but I'm not at liberty to discuss this one much quite yet. Rest assured, as soon as I'm given the green light (and all things hopefully fall neatly into place) I'll be shouting from the rooftops about this awesome new adventure!

Yes, many wonderful writing opportunities have come my way over the last year. That makes me extremely happy - I can finally call myself a true writer! Having parenting, disability issues and my beautiful little girl as the subject matter of much of my writing is the icing on the cake - I'm writing about things I'm truly, whole-heartedly passionate about. Yay for me! As one of my friends noted, I'm living the American Dream.

I also must acknowledge, once again, all the wonderful people I've made contact with through my blog. All the interesting, courageous, brilliant women who have written to me, sharing their own stories of triumphs and setbacks. Telling me how happy they were to find my blog. I'm thrilled and humbled that I've been able to make a difference in the lives of so many people. Not big differences, mind you. But at least maybe I've brought the difference of a little more friendship and a little more hope into my readers' lives. What more could I ask?

Thanks to everyone for making my blog what it is today. It's been an awesome year! Here's to the future. I can't wait to see what comes of it! Join me for the ride, won't you?

No comments: