Friday, October 20, 2006

Sweetie Saturday #28

You know sunrise and dusk? How it's kind of light outside but not really? Well, Sweetie calls that condition of nature lighty-dark. As in:

Turn out the lights, Daddy. I can't sleep because it's too lighty-dark.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Sweetie was in a rare cuddly mood the other day, so I took the opportunity to plop her on my lap, give her a big squeeze, and sing her a song - You Are My Sunshine.

You are my Sunshine, my only Sunshine.

You make me happy, when skies are grey.

You'll never know dear, how much I love you.

Please don't take my Sunshine away.

While Sweetie liked the song, she did inform me that,

I'm not Sunshine. I'm ________

Oh, that's right.

And so I sang the song again, this time replacing Sunshine with her name. She enjoyed this much better.

Then she sang to me.

You are my Mommy, my only Mommy.

You make me happy when skies are grey.

And you know it, how much I love you.

Please don't take my Mommy away.

How cute! It's enough to bring tears to your eyes.

Then, when Daddy came home, Sweetie sang the Daddy version of the song. Aaawwwww. Too, too adorable.

Over the next few days, both Papa Dave and Nana got to hear their own songs. What a great discovery! The song for everybody! What a fantastic way to melt the hearts of everyone within earshot. How loving! How heartfelt! How touching!

...Alas, the song started to lose its appeal after Sweetie serenaded our furniture with the couch version of the song.

Now, after hearing her latest incarnation of the tune - sung about a piece of bread - I'm totally over it.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Before I forget - again - I wanted to announce that I finally made my first sale over at my BlanchardCreative shop! Yay! I sold 1 Milo Tote Bag. Good choice!

I don't know who made the purchase, but whomever you are - thank you very much! I hope you enjoy. Tell your friends!

No comments: