Wednesday, July 04, 2007

If It's Not One Thing, It's Another....

Have I ever mentioned here how much I hate loud, sudden noises? How I'm literally scared of thunder and lightening? I even kinda/sorta/maybe think I heard somewhere that it could be related to spina bifida. Anyone else out there with SB who feels the same about noises as I do? Just wondering.

Anyway. You can imagine just how much I just LOVE Independence Day. Yeah - not so much.

Still, today I decided that I would try to suck it up and allow Hubby, Sweetie and I to go watch a fireworks display tonight. Every year I do feel badly that I'm keeping them from doing something that I know they'd enjoy. The only condition - we had to be situated far enough from the actual display that the noise was at least somewhat softened.

But - oh, too bad! - it's raining out. Fireworks displays have been postponed or outright cancelled. Sure, we've heard a few randon booms now and then, but they seem pretty far off in the distance and, therefore, pretty manageable for me.

Oh well. I just hope we're not in for a thunderstorm. It would be nice if I could get some sleep tonight.

No comments: