Saturday, July 21, 2007

Sweetie Saturday #67 - The Life & Times of This Here Sweetie Edition

Every so often I ask Sweetie a philosophical question. Just to see what's going on in that cute little head of hers, you know? For instance, I once asked her,

Where were you before you were born?

I don't know, but that's a very good question!

More recently - and knowing she now knows she was in Mommy's tummy before she was born - I asked her how exactly she got there.

Well, I was a teeny tiny baby and I crawled up your shirt and you opened your mouth REALLY big - like this - and I crawled in your mouth. And you swallowed me into your tummy!

And then, of course, on another occasion I had to ask her if she knew what it means to die.

It means you turn into a statue forever and ever! (commense with the stiff exaggerated "O" shaped mouth, wide eyes, and rigid arms straight against her sides)

Oh, Sweetie. If only the answers were that simple. For now, though, you've got some really great ideas about this big thing called life.

No comments: