Saturday, July 07, 2007

Sweetie Saturday #65 - The Lame Edition

Uhhhh..... Again with the uhhhh.... Is Sweetie getting too old for this? Maybe. But I sure hope not.

Let's see, I already told you here about the pretty poop pile. And here about the drawers droppage. So there's that.

I have a new trick up my sleeve about getting my picky eater to actually eat a thing or two. But it's still in its testing phase, so I'm not ready to jinx anything yet by writing about it. Soon enough I'm sure it will be a post on its own, though.

Also, Sweetie's more and more interested in reading. But I kinda have a whole separate post in my head dedicated to that as well.

Soooo......

Oh! I know!

About a month or more ago Sweetie made a book at school, called My Animal Book. It's simply some Sweetie-colored and cut out pictures of 3 animals - a monkey, a lion, and a kangaroo - and corresponding cut out pre-typed poems. All glued on construction paper and put together like a book. It's pretty cute.

Anyway, this has been the bedtime book of choice for awhile now. But we have Sweetie read it to us instead of us to her.

Even though we know which book she's going to choose, we ask her each night what we're going to read.

My aminal book!

Your what?

See, for as long as I can remember, Sweetie has said aminal instead of animal. We've never bothered to correct her. You know, cuz it's cute and all. And who's it really hurting anyway?

But now that she's reading we're getting on her more and more about saying, and reading, words correctly.

Now it's to the point that we've corrected her so much that she always requests,

I want to read my an-i-mal book.

Good job, Sweetie! You got it!

And... that's it for today, then. Guess we're in a dry spell. Oh well. Better luck next time!

No comments: