Sunday, July 08, 2007

Sniff, Swirl & Sip Sunday #1

Have you noticed that for the last several Sundays (at least!), I've kind of slacked off in the meaningful essay-style posts? Yeah, well... I say, when you've got a good thing going, carry on!

But yet, I don't want to be completely meaningless. What can I give y'all that is both easy enough for me, yet interesting/helpful enough for you?

Aha! When in doubt, bring out the wine!

Welcome to my very first Sniff, Swirl & Sip Sunday post! Each Sunday (for the rest of the summer, at least) I'll provide you with some specifics on a great red and white wine. Maybe I'll even throw in a blush from time to time. It will be fun. I'll even give you the links to where you can learn more about the discussed wines and/or anything else sold at my Traveling Vineyard site.

And away we go!

Red: 2002 Paradis, Cask Reserve 21 Cabernet Sauvignon.

This is THE wine that turned me into a red wine lover. From Monterey County, CA, it's a truly delicious cab sauv rich with aromas of berries and chocolate. I could sit, swirl and sniff this wine all afternoon. But actually sipping it, paired with dark chocolate chunks, sesame honey almonds, or aged gouda cheese - it's just to die for. Yum!

White: 2005 Meda Margherita, Moscato d'Asti.

This Italian dessert wine is absolutely delightful! Every wine party guest I've had taste this has L-O-V-E-D it! It's got a little bubbliness to it and it's sweet, but not too sweet. The Moscato pairs great with strawberries, melon, pastries... or could cap off your meal quite nicely all on its own. Sweet and scrumptious!

Blush: 2006 Rushdale, Robertson Cabernet Sauvignon Rose'

The Traveling Vineyard does not offer much by way of rose' wines. So you know when they offer a new one, it's got to be something special. Paired with chicken, shrimp, or asiago cheese and crackers, this South African wine's flavors really come to life. What a nice wine to sip pool side on a hot summer's day!

So, there you go. Click the links, look around My Cellar, and find yourself a nice little treat. Also great as a gift for all those summer weddings you're heading off to.

Be sure to come back next Sunday to see 2 or 3 great new selections. Until then, happy sipping!

No comments: