Sunday, May 21, 2006

Burnt Toast

Sweetie's sick. With a stomach bug. Poor thing can't keep anything down. Trouble is, she's already gotten rid of whatever little food she ate yesterday. Now it's just mucus and acid. No fun.

But she's sleeping now. It's 5:15 a.m. and she and I are downstairs on the couch. After getting sick in her bed twice since 3 a.m., and I can't sleep now anyway, we decided to come downstairs to rest. She's admittedly still tired, yet she requested the light on and to watch something on T.V. Only once I submitted to her requests did she finally close her eyes and fall asleep. Hopefully she can get some rest now.

Hubby is sleeping too. I know because I had to go upstairs past our bedroom to turn on the computer's modem. And since he didn't say boo to me, I know he's asleep. Good - at least one of us is.

I haven't slept since Sweetie first got us up this morning, just after 3 a.m. Hopefully I can find a span of time to take a nap later today.

Well, that's about it. I just figured I'd write while the opportunity existed. It's going to be a long day.

------------------

Edited to update: It's now 6:45 a.m. and we're all downstairs now. But, again, Sweetie and Hubby are sleeping. I am not. I'm doing laundry.

Burnt Toast - you sure got that right, Teri. That's all I have to say about that.

No comments: