Friday, May 05, 2006

Sweetie Saturday #6

Haven't mentioned the Netflix movie of the day in a couple weeks because Hubby still hasn't watched Man on the Train yet. And we also have The Count of Monte Cristo - also a Hubby movie. Also as yet unwatched. Personally, I vote for just sending them back unwatched so I can get my Pride and Prejudice finally sent to me.

-----------------------------------------------------------

One of Sweetie's favorite songs is Behind These Hazel Eyes by Kelly Clarkson. This is Sweetie's version of that song's chorus:

Here I am, Once again

I'm soakin' in the pieces

Here's the lion, Here's the tail

I'm soakin' number one

We'll be up, We'll be sunny

...and then the next line gets kind of fuzzy - even for Sweetie, I'm afraid. But the last line of her chorus is:

But I can't hear the lights.

Too, too funny.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Sweetie has started to experiment with common idioms of the English language - and not all very polite ones at that. But she's still unsure how to really apply them so, at this point, it's still pretty cute. This past week alone we've heard her exclaim, Whatever., I don't care., and, the funniest of them all, as detailed in the following story -

Last weekend we took Sweetie out for ice cream. She wanted her usual - vanilla ice cream with chocolate sauce. Fine.

Problem is - all she did was continuously dip her spoon in the chocolate sauce reservoir at the bottom of her dish, totally neglecting the ice cream. Hubby and I kept asking her about this, encouraging her to eat the ice cream too.

Sweetie. Why aren't you eating the ice cream? Eat!

At that, Sweetie threw her hands up in the air in exasperation and plainly asked:

What's the problem?!

No problem at all, Sweetie. No problem at all. It was really too cold to eat ice cream that day anyway. You clearly knew what you were doing and had the situation under control.

Plus, you made Daddy and I laugh so hard tears were streaming down our faces.

No problem here at all.



No comments: