Friday, December 01, 2006

Amy's 1st Meme

Hi there. I know, I know... It's December now. So I can stop with all this "writing every day" nonsense. But I've had my eye on this particular meme for awhile now, so I thought I'd give it a shot, complete with absolutely no links whatsoever to the many and various things I refer to in my answers. Sorry - it's late. I'm tired. I'm know you're all capable of investigating anything you want more info on all on your own.

Now - on with the meme!

1. Flip to page 18, paragraph 4 - in the book closest to you right now, what does it say?
Page 18 of my Hubby's Woodcraft magazine:
Clean up the parts with a small drum sander in the drill press and some hand sanding. (Is that even a complete thought? Apparently these editors think so).

2. If you stretch out your left arm as far as possible, what are you touching?
In what direction? If I just stick straight out, I'm touching nothing but thin air. But the closest object I can reach with my left hand is one of our couch pillows.

3. What’s the last program you watched on TV?
Hubby and I just watched What Not To Wear: Redo My Spouse. Hosted only by Clinton, acting as some all-powerful life coach makeover maven. NOT the regular show. Did NOT make me happy.

4. Without looking, guess what time it is.
Let's see. I'm usually pretty good at this. I think it's 9:28pm... and now I'll look. It is 10:41. Oops. Umm... That's what I meant. I know my Hubby is watching Numbers. And I know that starts at 10pm. I suck. I'm sorry.

5. Aside from the computer, what can you hear right now?
The T.V. right behind me. Like I said, Hubby's watching Numbers.

6. When was the last time you were outside and what did you do?
I was outside when I got home from work - duh. I had to walk in the house, didn't I? Oh, and I was also outside at lunchtime today (in the 1pm hour). Took myself to Barnes and Nobles for my usual Friday "thing".

7. What are you wearing?
A lime green hooded sweatshirt and some copper colored jeans that are too big for me (actually, they're the exact pair I recently referred to as being my "mommiest" pair of jeans).

8. Did you dream last night? If you did, what about?
I don't think I did dream last night. But the night before I remember dreaming something about a little girl (not Sweetie) who was crying, which turned into waking up to Sweetie's real cries for her Daddy - she needed her nose blown, poor Coldilocks (but she's pretty much better now, so that's good).

9. When was the last time you laughed?
Just about 1/2 hour or so ago when I recounted to Hubby a conversation I had with Sweetie the other night. She saw my exposed bra strap and asked me what it was. I told her it was my underwear shirt, called a bra. She said, It's called a bra? Does it hold up these? Your two bumps? This one bump and this one bump? as she's feeling me up.

10. What’s on the walls, in the room you’re in right now?
A watercolor of Union Station in Worchester, MA (circa 1918) painted by Joyce Johnson, Hubby's grandmother's cousin. Also, a Dali "melty" clock. An old wooden clamp from a book bindery, on which is displayed various knick knacks. And a framed poster of four frogs looking up at an easel (presumably of Monet's Waterlillies painting), advertising the Monet Exhibit at the Chrysler Museum in Norfolk, VA in 1995.

11. Have you seen anything strange lately?
Actually, no. Not that I can think of, anyway.

12. What do you think about this meme?
This was totally fun! Memes are cool!

13. What’s the last film you saw?
The Santa Clause 3 - it was okay. Better than the reviews I'd heard, worse the the rave review from a co-worker.

14. If you became a multimillionaire, what would you do with the money?
Pay off debts, give to charities, quit my job, build a custom home in the country, invest and not stress about money anymore.

15. Tell us something about yourself that most people don’t know.
I'm allergic to latex

16. If you could change ONE THING in this world, without regarding politics or bad guilt, what would it be?
OMG, I can't deal with heady questions like this right now. I think I'll just say that I'd like to make everyone in the world be truly genuine people who can act as they please without repercussions - no acts, no fronts, no pretending to be what you're not. Just be who you want and people will accept you. Or not. No hard feelings..... but this doesn't actually work because this assumes everyone will act only for the good and no one will go off the deep end or act violently or otherwise criminally. I don't know what I'm saying anymore. Like I said, I'm tired. Let's move on...

17. Do you like to dance?
Yes, but I can't do it very well. I love to watch dancing, though.

18. George Bush? He's a tool. But, really, I don't know much about politics at all. Doesn't interest me. But he seems like a tool. And Hubby definitely thinks he is. So let's go with that.

19. What do you want your children’s names to be, girl/boy?
Well, I've already named Sweetie the best girls name ever. If I were to have another girl, I'd name her Audrey. And if I had a boy, he'd be Carver (combining my dad's and my FIL's first names). However, due to my whole uterus-falling-out-of-my-body-thing and impending surgery to remove said uterus, this is not to be.

20. Would you ever consider living abroad?
Yes. I'd love to live in France or Italy or England or Canada or the Isle of Man or.... lots of different places. Love to travel.

21. What do you want God to tell you, when you come to heaven?
You done good.

22. Who should do this meme?
Anyone who has enough time and is ready to have some fun. So get to it!

No comments: