Wednesday, January 03, 2007

The Calm Before The Storm (Of Goodness)

I was all set to write tonight about some really cute/great things goin' on in the house of Noki (the cat). But then I realized I could, like, save that info and stuff for tomorrow night's Thursday Thirteen. And so... you, and I, must wait. for. it. Oh well. Doncha just love cliff hangers?

In other news - well, gee... let's see. So as not to ruin my Loveliness Laden List for Thursday, I guess I'll talk about... how I'm getting pretty stressed at work these days. Lots to do before I'm outta there next Friday. Including the fact that I don't think most of my coworkers even have a clue I'll be out for 6 weeks on medical leave. I thought my boss would say something, but as far as I know, that hasn't happened. Thus leaving me with the awkward responsibility.

Yeah, so... I'm not gonna be here for several weeks starting real soon. You're going to have to find someone else to help you with that/you're going to have to do that for me while I'm gone. Sucka....

I'm thinkin' that's not really going to go over so well.

What?! I mean, who cares that you're having major abdominal surgery which will strip you of all your feminine femininity female parts and cause you much pain and soreness and woe for several weeks on end. It's all gonna mean extra work for ME!

Actually - no, I'm kidding. I'm quite certain my co-workers will wish me nothing but the best and will do everything they can to make my time away feel as stress-free as possible for me. But what really is stressful is just wrapping up the loose ends and making sure my back-up replacement is as comfortable as can be with all of my daily/weekly responsibilities. But in the end I know everything is in good hands and all will be fine. I hope.

Okay, then. That's about all I can say right now. The Lovely Sweetness of Life will be divulged tomorrow. Sorry you had to suffer through this less than thrilling, even boring snippet of my life that is not all happy happy, joy joy.

But, hey! - If the worst thing going for me is tying up work junk and working a little bit harder before a really long rest period, then I think I'm doing A-OK. Life could be a whole lot worse, I say. So - good for me!

See you Thursday night!

No comments: