Saturday, January 13, 2007

Sweetie Saturday #40 - 2 Days To Go Edition

I'm done with work now for awhile. And I got the call about my hospital arrival time on Monday (mid morning instead of early morning - yay!). Hubby and I are going out tonight to celebrate my last day of freedom before my surgery (for tomorrow is pre-op dietary restrictions day). Life is about to get very different around these parts.

So, for now, on with the usual Sweetie-ness...

One recent morning I asked Sweetie what she wanted for breakfast.

Do you want a breakfast bar? Bread? (yeah, she's weird like that - bread is a great meal for her). Or what?

(no response)

Oatmeal? Do you want oatmeal?

Yes! Oatmeal. Oatmeal is a "what" food.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This past Sunday I went out to meet with my Book Club, leaving Sweetie and Hubby at home.

When I got back, Hubby greeted me at the door, immediately telling me that Sweetie had fallen within the past half hour or so and now had a pretty good goose egg on her forehead. He went on to say that he was able to get some ice on it and she was just starting to feel better.

Then I went in to say hi to Sweetie and I found her happy as could be, entertaining our friend Mark (who was about to go to the movies with Hubby).

Hi Sweetie.

Hi Mommy.

How are you?

Great!

Great? - That's great!... Did you have fun with Daddy?

Yes.

Anything exciting happen while I was gone?

(thinking hard for a few seconds, then coming in close to excitedly whisper - loudly - in my ear)...

Daddy tickled me!

Obviously, she was feeling better, since that wasn't the response I was going after. That's the great thing about kids - they bounce back quick!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sweetie is loving her Hello Kitty Surprise Ink activity book that she got for Christmas (thanks again, Uncle Rob and Auntie Wendy). She loves coloring over the seemingly empty spaces and discovering the hidden pictures that appear.

She was playing like this a couple weeks ago when she colored over a space and uncovered a picture of a house. Sweetie was excited....

It's a house! It's a brick.... house. (sung to the tune of the popular Commodores song).

Mind you, Lionel Richie had just been on the Today Show the previous day, singing this song. And we had heard it again in the car just hours before on our way home from her school. Apparently, it really stuck in Sweetie's head.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

We all went out for dinner last Saturday night - for sushi! Sweetie came along, but she dined on a clementine, goldfish and peanut butter crackers instead.

As the waitress came to take our order, Sweetie piped up before anyone else could say a word.

My Daddy wants sushi!

Then, after I placed my order of California Maki, Sweetie made sure the waitress understood....

That's a kind of sushi too.

Yes it is, Sweetie. And one day, you're going to love it!

No comments: