Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Mountain Maker

Okay.... so that wasn't so bad. I've got all my "have to's" done and it's just noon. Actually, I lessened my list by a considerable amount, to be honest.

I didn't give Sweetie a bath - I forgot. But tomorrow is another day. I don't really have to go to the bank - it can wait until Friday. The bread is on hold for us at the bakery, to pick up on our way to dinner tonight. The presents for my niece and nephew are wrapped. The thank you card Sweetie needs to make is to be handed out tomorrow - so that can wait. And all her birthday and Christmas gifts are now hidden in the house and her used activity books are weeded out of her current collection. I am all set.

I've even got a fire roaring in the woodstove, a load of laundry in the dryer, and a bid in at Ebay for a Christmas gift for one of my nieces. I rock.

Actually, I feel badly for making so much out of the things I had to do today. I know there are so many others out there who have full houses for the holidays and who have to cook a full-out Thanksgiving feast tomorrow, probably after working all day today. I've got it easy. I've got it made in the shade. All I have to do is show up and eat. I think I can do that just fine.

It's just that I'm really good at making mountains out of mole hills. But doing so is a helpful life strategy for me. If I go into something thinking it's going to be the worst, most stressful, busiest, craziest thing - and then it's not - I win! I guess mountain making is my defense mechanism in that regard.

So, that's it. I'm good. I'm happy. I'm all set. I am blessed.

No comments: